Happy Birthday, Dong and Yan!

Happy Birthday, Dong and Yan!
Are they making a wish?

Monday, May 18, 2009

YIPPEE!!!!

WE received our Consular Appointment today, which by default means that our long awaited Travel Authorization is in the hands of our agency (which I've decided though excellent in agency stuff is not too hot on communications with parents!)

we will travel on 6/15 from Boston via Chicago to Beijing
spend through the 21st in Beijing, then fly to Chengdu
get the kids on the 22nd (I think)
Fly to Guangzhou on the 27th (or thereabouts)
Have our US consular appointment on the 29th
and fly home Guangzhou-Shanghai-Chicago-Boston, arriving at 11pm...then driving home. ugh.

Why via Boston? Cuz it was nearly $3000 cheaper than Manchester.

Anyway, more to follow, without a doubt. Yippeee....

2 comments:

  1. They did it on purpose, you know. So that we wouldn't be calling them every five minutes asking if we had consular appointments, yet!

    Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaayy!! I just read your post on the chengdu yahoo page and came here for all the details. If I send you info on our son there, do you think you could ask to see him and take a few photos of him for us? (He turns 4 on June 12 and has a repaired cleft palate/lip. He's been in the orphanage all of his life). Also, if you have room in your suitcase, could you possibly deliver a small gift to him from us. I'm thinking like an inflatable ball or something pretty small space-wise. Let me know and I'll send it to you soon. Don't feel bad if you can't. I'm sure you have a ton of last minute things to do to get ready. Who knows, maybe we'll get our ta soon too and we'll be there at the same time? Oh, I can't wait to follow you on your trip...well, I'm assuming you will post here while in China. Hope so! Enjoy all of your packing and preparations!! Happy CA! julia. We've emailed a few times before but just in case you don't have my address it is: ajkanschmidt(at)yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete